<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Talking about the slow readers, I am one of them. When I try to read fast, I seem lost and most of the times I have to go back and reread them to get the main idea.
My mom used to encourage me with words like these: “Things that come easily will go easily as well. Hard working can always compensate slow learning.” So, I kept telling myself to try harder, even though it took a longer time. Although, I felt asleep a lot as I was reading. As long as I keep on trying and not giving up, I will be ok. When I graduated in college, I got my B.S. degree with cum laude and I am still a slow reader.
This reminds me the story of the race between the rabbit and the turtle. In real life, if we are fast or slow, it seems significant but it is really not, we just have to keep on going and keep on trying to improve ourselves. At the end, we will be as successful as our effort and mind set bring us.
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." (Jas 4: 6)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?