<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 23, 2004

Tue Jan 20 Bible study Night(also my older son's first day of his grad school)
The bible study place is only a few mile from my son's campus so I car-pool with him. Although I arrived early ( like 3 hours) stopping by the library, I had plenty of materials to be read and time just flew by. Before I knew, it's time to go.
I found out the lady who opens her home for us to bible study every week was out of town for her retreat, but her house was still open for us regardless her absence. She had one couple prepare us pizza for dinner tonight and I helped fixing the salad. People started showing up pretty late and we ended with twelve people. It turned out well.


Closing for the year of Ram
Chinese traditions:
1) stock up certain pantry items such oil, rice, salt etc. because we should not let them run out in the Lunar January so that we will have bountiful provided through out the year.
2) Final cleanup ritual of the year such dusting, sweeping, vacuuming etc. because we should not do any sweeping on the New Year Day and we will have the house kept clean as the year go by.
3) Prepare New Year pastries such risen rice-flour cup cake, yearly sticky-rice-flour cake, rice-flour dumpling rounds, fried sticky-rice-flour balls. Other goodies can be prepared anytime as pleased on or after the first day of Lunar New Year.
4) Get chickens, fishes, roasted pork, pork tongs, pork pancreas, pork hands, tofu, bean sticks, black peas, mushrooms, black fungus, faichoy, dry oyster, vermicelli, bean sprouts, green scallions, leek, lettuce, baichoy, lotus and lots of oranges, tangerine, and temple oranges (to be displaced through out the house). Oh, don't forget candies and melon seeds and nuts.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?