<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 23, 2004

Hornets the Attackers
Within a month, I got attacked by the hornets twice. Yesterday while mowing the lawn, I must have disturbed their nest again. Although I only got two stings this time vs. last time five stings, the allergic reaction was much serious and different than last time. I didn’t get the local reactions like last time, but I fell my both hands were immediately swollen up, started seeing white spot and then all white about to faint. My body was shutting down to an anaphylactic shock. Prior that, I managed rang the door bell and went inside the house. Hearing and seeing what happen to me, right away Husband called Kaiser medical advisor who advised him to call 911. I had a good rest during the whole process but alerted the whole neighborhood though; apparently the whole neighborhood was working on their garden at the time the ambulance arrived.
In the ambulance, the EMT/technologists had my blood pressure measured (70/40, still very low), had already taken my blood sample while inserting the IV in me and given me the epinephrine and benadryl. My whole body shook even more and they explained to me that it’s normal for the medicine was doing its work in me. I felt no pain though except pressures at the sting spots so I just closed my eyes and got some rest.
In Fairfax Hospital, the ER nurse gave me more medicine (prednisone) and they had to monitor my blood pressure and observe me making sure my blood pressure go back to normal and stable. About 5-6 hours, they released me. Like my younger daughter said about me after hours at the hospital napping and I came home good as new. I went for my usual walk this morning.
Thanks to the EMT/technologists for their prompt service and my husband being there for me the whole time. Thanks to my older son for informing his siblings so they came together to ER visiting me at my bedside, joking and comforting me. Thank you children!
Thanks to my neighbors for their concern. One of my neighbors had already lent his helping hand and spray to make the hornets disappear hopefully. Thank you again neighbor!
Life is precious. Life seems like a blink of eye. One minute I was strong, then next minute I was weak and now I am strong again. Thank God for all the provisions!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?