Thursday, September 09, 2004
After dinner, my next-door neighbor knocked on my door with some tomatoes; she said they belong to me. I had told her that any vegetable that goes over her yard is hers. I have so many surprises in my garden this year: cantaloupes, honeydews, fussy melons and young papaya trees (too young to bear fruits though). The vines of cantaloupes, bitter melons, Chinese okras and fussy melons are crawling along and over my neighbor’s fence. From her yard looking into my yard, she said my garden looks like a jungle. I went over her yard and chat with her, talking about our plan how to build a better trellis for the vines to climb next year. She also got some surprises in her yard: date plant, papaya plants and some unknown melons vines (fruits are too small to tell). We both like to decompose the kitchen scrapes into the soil and find so much joy seeing all these surprised plants especially for the first time harvesting some cantaloupes (one huge fruit from the vine crawling over her yard from my side.
As we were talking, a car pulled by the curb. It’s my younger daughter’s car. What a wonderful surprise, two days in a roll we had visitors. I showed her how to cook dumplings in boiling water or if she wants to pan-fry them and how. Last night, she just liked them boiled with noodle and vegetable. After dinner, she showed me how to look up the stats in Yahoo for the football pickup for better players. The chart’s very informative. I didn’t make any change though because I am pretty happy with my players right now.
When she’s leaving, I encouraged her to take some uncooked dumplings home so she can cook some for breakfast, or snack or something. I was making more fillings for wrapping more for later use.
As we were talking, a car pulled by the curb. It’s my younger daughter’s car. What a wonderful surprise, two days in a roll we had visitors. I showed her how to cook dumplings in boiling water or if she wants to pan-fry them and how. Last night, she just liked them boiled with noodle and vegetable. After dinner, she showed me how to look up the stats in Yahoo for the football pickup for better players. The chart’s very informative. I didn’t make any change though because I am pretty happy with my players right now.
When she’s leaving, I encouraged her to take some uncooked dumplings home so she can cook some for breakfast, or snack or something. I was making more fillings for wrapping more for later use.
Comments:
Post a Comment