Monday, October 25, 2004
In my speech class yesterday,“Joy of walking” was the topic for my speech with sincerity. Here it is for my sister's request:
I enjoy walking because it always gives me the sense of connections either with nature, or with community or with family or my own inner self.
In the morning walk, I can breathe the fresh morning air; before dawn, I might have a glimpse of stars in the clear sky, but everything else is a blur; as sun rises, things are appearing clearer and clearer, I just like that feeling; I can hear the birds chirping, the crickets cricking, and even my own inner voice talking to me. I know walking can strengthen me physically as well as mentally. That's why I feel such joy.
I think back my school years. Walking three to four miles per day was simple act because walking was the main transportation: walking to schools, to supermarkets and even to work. I remembered the goodtime of chatting with friends all the way walking to school and chatting all the way walking home; the twenty miles walk for the March of Dimes with a friend who became a close friend and he is my husband and still my close friend; daily field trip walking from playground to playground with my children when they were young; during lunch break and/or coffee break walking with my co-workers. Walking time is bonding time for me with friends and family, or with nature and my own inner self; at the same time, I feel refreshed and relaxed and somehow energized.
Walking is a simple exercise but huge benefits because there are many vital points in the sole of one's feet connecting to every parts of one's body from head to toes including all the internal organs. As we walk, these points are stimulated and every part of our bodies as well as our internal organs can be strengthened. I feel the balance of energies restored. I feel the harmony with the universe. Walking brings me joy, comfort and renewed vitality.
However, when we live in this fast pace world, walking is no longer our daily activity (I don't mean walking from the door to the car but like one to two miles good walking); unless we make a conscious effort, we won't receive the benefits of walking and experience the joy of walking.
Therefore, put on your walking shoes, go out and walk! Or come and join me at GMU track every morning; so you too can experience the joy of walking!
I enjoy walking because it always gives me the sense of connections either with nature, or with community or with family or my own inner self.
In the morning walk, I can breathe the fresh morning air; before dawn, I might have a glimpse of stars in the clear sky, but everything else is a blur; as sun rises, things are appearing clearer and clearer, I just like that feeling; I can hear the birds chirping, the crickets cricking, and even my own inner voice talking to me. I know walking can strengthen me physically as well as mentally. That's why I feel such joy.
I think back my school years. Walking three to four miles per day was simple act because walking was the main transportation: walking to schools, to supermarkets and even to work. I remembered the goodtime of chatting with friends all the way walking to school and chatting all the way walking home; the twenty miles walk for the March of Dimes with a friend who became a close friend and he is my husband and still my close friend; daily field trip walking from playground to playground with my children when they were young; during lunch break and/or coffee break walking with my co-workers. Walking time is bonding time for me with friends and family, or with nature and my own inner self; at the same time, I feel refreshed and relaxed and somehow energized.
Walking is a simple exercise but huge benefits because there are many vital points in the sole of one's feet connecting to every parts of one's body from head to toes including all the internal organs. As we walk, these points are stimulated and every part of our bodies as well as our internal organs can be strengthened. I feel the balance of energies restored. I feel the harmony with the universe. Walking brings me joy, comfort and renewed vitality.
However, when we live in this fast pace world, walking is no longer our daily activity (I don't mean walking from the door to the car but like one to two miles good walking); unless we make a conscious effort, we won't receive the benefits of walking and experience the joy of walking.
Therefore, put on your walking shoes, go out and walk! Or come and join me at GMU track every morning; so you too can experience the joy of walking!
Comments:
Post a Comment