Saturday, October 09, 2004
We have guests!
I love visitors because it always gets everyone so excited and energized. Mother-in-law has started the ginseng soup early in the morning because she promised our guests that. Husband tried to find out the arrival time of our guests so he could plan accordingly since he likes to participate in the cooking process. I appreciate that because I would be a lay back type. Oh, whenever it would be fine.
Nieces, one from NY and one who just moved to DC from Boston a month ago, were accompanied by sister-in-law and her husband who live in Springfield and arrived around noontime. It’s a joy to see all of them. We had good time chatting during lunch. We were laughing and joking. Of course, husband would love to share his knowledge of the tea drinking and soup bags etc. We had cheesecake for dessert. Even mother-in-law shared a piece with one of her grandnieces. Funny part was that she said where was the cake part. She decided the cream part was cheese and the rest part was cake so that would be ok for her. I think she was just being polite to her grandnieces.
After that, older son and younger daughter took out some old photos. It’s amazing to see how everyone had grown: old photos always bring back joyful memories!
I love visitors because it always gets everyone so excited and energized. Mother-in-law has started the ginseng soup early in the morning because she promised our guests that. Husband tried to find out the arrival time of our guests so he could plan accordingly since he likes to participate in the cooking process. I appreciate that because I would be a lay back type. Oh, whenever it would be fine.
Nieces, one from NY and one who just moved to DC from Boston a month ago, were accompanied by sister-in-law and her husband who live in Springfield and arrived around noontime. It’s a joy to see all of them. We had good time chatting during lunch. We were laughing and joking. Of course, husband would love to share his knowledge of the tea drinking and soup bags etc. We had cheesecake for dessert. Even mother-in-law shared a piece with one of her grandnieces. Funny part was that she said where was the cake part. She decided the cream part was cheese and the rest part was cake so that would be ok for her. I think she was just being polite to her grandnieces.
After that, older son and younger daughter took out some old photos. It’s amazing to see how everyone had grown: old photos always bring back joyful memories!
Comments:
Post a Comment