<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Fun day
I got chicken and ribs done early. When I decided to skip the Toastmaster Club meeting, my husband was very supportive. My mother-in-law wondered why I was still home since her son left to party (so he called it party because it's holiday celebration week). I don't know she's just being funny or joking that she won't have to work so hard if she knew I will be home. I told her that I will make some cranberry bread and not to worry about my presence. I encourage her to continue to carry out her plan. Everything works out just perfect. When niece, sister-in-law and her husband arrived, the food's ready. Their kids didn't come because they were not feeling well. Grandma will send them soup which would make them all better. We had good time chatting, brother-in-law teasing older son's courtship, and giving him some advice. Then husband came home from the club meeting and younger daughter arrived. Husband told us how he won the best table topic speech. We all teased him that they just felt sorry for him because that little boy got damaged permanently for not getting Christmas presents like other kids in school. Anyway, we had to leave to move on to the next party so we missed out more fun time with family and relatives.
Friend greeted us at the door with a relief because she has been waiting for me to help her to bake the pork loin, spicy chicken and bacon wrapping around sausage. Her husband has already cooked the roast beef, lamb leg, and meat balls and he went out shopping for drink. She had clam chowder and spicy cold noodle ready. Another friend came to help out with making salad.
This kitchen is huge: an island with cooking tops, oven and a hidden garbage bin on one side, double sink and dish washer on the other side, and a lot of counter top and storage space, and a huge exhausted fan hanging above the stove tops. Nice oven with circulating fan in the back bakes food evenly and quickly. From the kitchen, it opens to the dining room. From the dining room, it opens to living room. Everyone sees everyone; very spacious home, yet open. A couple who just legally married arrived late with their family informed us to mark our calendar for their church wedding will be in July next year in Buffalo, NY. Their parents from Singapore were also there and we had great time chatting. I think we will see them one more time in bible study on Tuesday before they go back to Singapore.
My kids used to tell the story about them have to clean their plates(means finish everything on their plate) otherwise they will marry someone with spotty face, so grandma used to tell them that. Until today I heard that story from a friend who was born in Singapore, I did not know that he's from such Chinese oriented family.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?