Friday, January 21, 2005
....."We've also had such beautiful examples of how we should live our lives - Jesus, Buddha, Ghandi, Natan Hofshi. I think about how life would be if the United States had not followed Israel's example of pre-emptive strike. Imagine what the world would be like if we had bombed Afghanistan and Iraq with LOVE, medical help and supplies. I pray that one day all of the Christians will arise and follow Christ and love our enemies and turn the other cheek - even if it means dying like Him. "
I read this article which is very meaningful to me:
In Genesis, it says, "God created the man in his image, in the image of God he created him." This has a very deep meaning; that we are children of our Father in heaven. This highest witness concerning the unity of humankind, the total equality of all human as brothers and sisters, and the holiness of human life created in the image of God cannot be shaken.
…And more from the Talmud on the virtue of the Holy One: "It was said in the Torah (Deut. 13), 'You shall walk in the footsteps of your Lord and hold fast to him.' Our sages have explained: 'Since He clothes the naked, so should you, since He visits the sick, so should you, since he comforts the sorrowing, so should you.'" (Talmud Suta 14)
"…There are three signs for this nation: compassion, modesty, and charity. All those who have the three signs are worthy to be part of this nation, those who do not have these three signs, are not worthy to be part of it." (Yevamot 69)
I see the Jewish people as a nation with the holy task of establishing a nation of peace, non-violence, and universal brotherhood in Zion. Zion is our ancient homeland from which we were driven several times because of our sin against this holy calling. Our right to exist depends on putting this calling into practice. That is why I see Jewish-Arab peace as our most important obligation.
We've also had such beautiful examples of how we should live our lives - Jesus, Buddha, Ghandi, Natan Hofshi. I think about how life would be if the United States had not followed Israel's example of pre-emptive strike. Imagine what the world would be like if we had bombed Afghanistan and Iraq with LOVE, medical help and supplies. I pray that one day all of the Christians will arise and follow Christ and love our enemies and turn the other cheek - even if it means dying like Him.
I read this article which is very meaningful to me:
In Genesis, it says, "God created the man in his image, in the image of God he created him." This has a very deep meaning; that we are children of our Father in heaven. This highest witness concerning the unity of humankind, the total equality of all human as brothers and sisters, and the holiness of human life created in the image of God cannot be shaken.
…And more from the Talmud on the virtue of the Holy One: "It was said in the Torah (Deut. 13), 'You shall walk in the footsteps of your Lord and hold fast to him.' Our sages have explained: 'Since He clothes the naked, so should you, since He visits the sick, so should you, since he comforts the sorrowing, so should you.'" (Talmud Suta 14)
"…There are three signs for this nation: compassion, modesty, and charity. All those who have the three signs are worthy to be part of this nation, those who do not have these three signs, are not worthy to be part of it." (Yevamot 69)
I see the Jewish people as a nation with the holy task of establishing a nation of peace, non-violence, and universal brotherhood in Zion. Zion is our ancient homeland from which we were driven several times because of our sin against this holy calling. Our right to exist depends on putting this calling into practice. That is why I see Jewish-Arab peace as our most important obligation.
We've also had such beautiful examples of how we should live our lives - Jesus, Buddha, Ghandi, Natan Hofshi. I think about how life would be if the United States had not followed Israel's example of pre-emptive strike. Imagine what the world would be like if we had bombed Afghanistan and Iraq with LOVE, medical help and supplies. I pray that one day all of the Christians will arise and follow Christ and love our enemies and turn the other cheek - even if it means dying like Him.
Comments:
Post a Comment