<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Feeling sad, I don't know what to do for the mourning family. Thanks to my children who suggested that the culture here is to cook for the family. I think to myself that I can do that. It didn't take me long to figure out what I should cook, so I put my energy into cooking. I like the culture. While visiting, I got a chance to hold the newborn baby and cuddle him. Oh, my friend’s younger daughter gave birth to a son the next day after her father died. Life goes on. Isn’t it? All their children and spouses were there except one who has not married yet. This is the hugging family and I got so much hugs that they were comforting me instead.
After my mother in law realized that I had brought food to my friend’s family the first day, and when she saw me cooking the second day, she informed me that in Chinese culture that we don't give out food to the mourning family. I apologize to her what I did and I will continue doing. I expressed that it's all right to help each other through difficult time and give our love in any way we want. If that's what she really believes, it's important that she doesn't do it. She understood my firmness so she said that it's just her responsibility to inform me the rule, and of course it’s entirely up to me to follow or not.
"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23
May my mother in law be blessed with peace!
Thanks to my children and friend for coming out and giving support for the visitation at the church!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?