Sunday, March 20, 2005
Today we had the graduation ceremony for the Speechcraft program and Youth Leader program. One parent made a comment that she believed the youth group did better than the adult group and our teacher tried to defend us. In my opinion, the parent was right. It was for the very reason that I joined the program. I liked what I saw and what I heard in my son's graduation. I too wanted to be like them. If it's a race, we cannot all be the first; we can only try our personal best. However, the program is not a race, it's for personal growth. One step at a time moves towards our goal. Before long, we will be there as long as we keep moving and taking the steps. By the way, the youngsters are the leaders of our future; they should be better than us. They should be our encouragement to get better to match the new generation. Can you imagine how we are now if we didn't take that very first step when we have realized we need improvement? And we still can get better. Is that what we want our youngsters to do, get ahead and grow to the best person that they can be? Like one of our speech contest titles said, "Determination, Persistence, and Diligence = Success" The only failure we can have is not taking the opportunity to grow. At the end of the ceremony, I challenged all the parents to join the Toastmasters International Success Leadership and Communication Series Speechcraft Program and Youth Leader Program. I believe that we all have room to grow, or to help out.
Comments:
Post a Comment