Thursday, June 09, 2005
In his blogging, younger son has confessed something he did during his high school year. At this point, no matter how little he thought he knew about us, I believe that he knew us more than he can realize it: such as family value and moral standards. That's why he was keeping certain things from us because in back of his mind he knew certain things were not quite right; it's just that at the moment the temptation was greater than self-control. That was good that he confessed that particular incident and he can be free from that bondage and move forward to his better self. I am thankful for that.
I remember that he used to assure us that he knows what's right or wrong and not to worry and he said if he does not learn by then, it's too late for us to teach him. The true matter is that life is a long learning process until we leave this world. As long as we learn from yesterday, then let go yesterday, we can move forward to live a better life for today and plan for even a better life for tomorrow.
It's amazing how we can have the opportunities to learn day after day as long as we live: it’s the living hope. I have the faith. Our friends and relatives often asked me if I worry about my son in Afghanistan. I told them that I do miss him but not worry for that’s beyond my control; I am thankful for God's grace that I receive the peace because through this mission I see him grow tremendously in many aspects and have the effort and energy to share his thoughts and things he does in Afghanistan. I seem to hear from him more and that make me less anxious. No one knows where a safer place is. He makes it a better place wherever he goes and calls it home. He seems to enjoy whatever is in front of him. That is a living hope. I salute him on that!
I remember that he used to assure us that he knows what's right or wrong and not to worry and he said if he does not learn by then, it's too late for us to teach him. The true matter is that life is a long learning process until we leave this world. As long as we learn from yesterday, then let go yesterday, we can move forward to live a better life for today and plan for even a better life for tomorrow.
It's amazing how we can have the opportunities to learn day after day as long as we live: it’s the living hope. I have the faith. Our friends and relatives often asked me if I worry about my son in Afghanistan. I told them that I do miss him but not worry for that’s beyond my control; I am thankful for God's grace that I receive the peace because through this mission I see him grow tremendously in many aspects and have the effort and energy to share his thoughts and things he does in Afghanistan. I seem to hear from him more and that make me less anxious. No one knows where a safer place is. He makes it a better place wherever he goes and calls it home. He seems to enjoy whatever is in front of him. That is a living hope. I salute him on that!
Comments:
Post a Comment