<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy Lunar New Year! Have prosperity, good health, and peace! Mother-in-law is excited and full of energy when it's time to worship. On the New Year Day, she worships with vegetarian dish. We then enjoy the vegetarian dish all day long. Younger son came early to join us for breakfast. Older son and daughter-in-law came by before going to church. It's nice to see how she greeted us and taught her brother-in-law to greet in order to receive the red envelop. I remember we used to teach the children to do that when they were small but as they are growing up, I don't remember when and why we did not reinforce that. I am thankful that daughter-in-law is reinforcing that custom now. Then sister-in-law and her husband came to visit and join us for lunch. Daughters and friend came later to join us for lunch as well. Younger son decided to teach a friend to play Mah-Jang which the siblings and he had not touched for years. They had fun though. Sister-in-law, her husband and I went off to GMU for the Lunar New Year Celebration which included lion dance, Indian dance, Hawaiian dance and many more performances with TaiChi movements and music instruments. I enjoyed the entertainment very much. I am thankful for all the people who made the effort to make this event possible and I am also thankful that sister-in-law and her husband can join me to celebrate the festival together. May the New Year bring us joy and purpose driven lives!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?