<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 19, 2006

It was quite an eventful day. I was busy preparing for my speech for tonight TM meeting, practiced some Spanish with my neighbor, practiced some more on my speech. In afternoon, daughter-in-law came to visit, sharing with us what she had learned in the class after church on Sunday and encouraging us to attend as well, and sharing with the book that she's reading. Oh, I forgot to mention the yummy bagels that she brought. As we chatted, I was preparing to bake some banana bread. When son called, she went to pick him up from school. As I was cleaning up, to my surprise, my neighbor came to visit. In her hands, there was a Spanish learning book for me. Flipping through some pages, she started teaching me; she departed after exchanging a few words with son and daughter-in-law when they came back. Son and daughter-in-law had other plan and did not stay for dinner.
We finished dinner a little late for the meeting but with the helping hands of a few early toastmasters, everything was going smoothly. There were chock full of speeches tonight with husband as the Toastmaster of the Evening and many guests, two from Fairfax, one from Alexandria and one from Burke. Even the visitor from Burke had presented an ice breaker speech for us, very impressive. We had a great time.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?