Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Husband had installed the new showerhead for quite sometime. Wow, what a different in water flow! Every time I take a shower, I think of daughter and the amazing way that she found out we had a dysfunctional showerhead. Two week ago, there was no water in her MD home, so she decided to shower at parent's VA home. We are thankful for her wonderful gift:caring and thoughtfulness.
This morning bible study got canceled. Husband and I decided to go to the community center earlier. I called up the friend, whose car is still in the shop, to get ready so that we can carpool to the center because she needed to register for the yoga and line dance classes. After she registered, she showed me some yoga exercise moves. She is very flexible in yoga move. Hope I will practice and reach that flexibility. Then some more people show up for line dance. Although no class, one classmate had the CD and was willing to teach us a line dance that we had trouble with. I got the CD player from the center and we had a great time learning from this classmate. I better write the steps down before I forgot them. Anyway, I don't remember the name of the music, but the moves are like these:
Right foot forward, left foot toes tap;
Left foot down, right heel tap;
Right vine;
Left foot forward, right foot toes tap;
Right foot down, left heel tap;
Left vine;
Right foot forward shuffle, left foot stumps the floor twice;
Left foot point forward, quarter turn;
Left foot forward shuffle;
Half turn, right foot walk, walk, and walk
Left foot sideway shuffle, right foot back rock.
Then start from the beginning all over again.
At first, she went very fast and she realized we were lost. She showed us slowly with a fewer moves; after we got them, then she showed us a few more, then a few more and finally we can put all the moves together. That was a joyful sight for her as well as for the rest of us. We are thankful for the classmate's patience and kindness to teach us. We all had a lot of fun.
Husband did his exercise and some taichi. Then we took a break and had snack because the friend brought some roasted chestnuts for us. We had goodtime chatting. Then we took her home. We cannot sing with her this afternoon because we will have toastmaster meeting this evening. Hopefully we can sing with her tomorrow. We will see.
Not very many people attended this evening toastmaster meeting but lots of good food and good chatting, from general health to car shopping. Joyful meeting!
This morning bible study got canceled. Husband and I decided to go to the community center earlier. I called up the friend, whose car is still in the shop, to get ready so that we can carpool to the center because she needed to register for the yoga and line dance classes. After she registered, she showed me some yoga exercise moves. She is very flexible in yoga move. Hope I will practice and reach that flexibility. Then some more people show up for line dance. Although no class, one classmate had the CD and was willing to teach us a line dance that we had trouble with. I got the CD player from the center and we had a great time learning from this classmate. I better write the steps down before I forgot them. Anyway, I don't remember the name of the music, but the moves are like these:
Right foot forward, left foot toes tap;
Left foot down, right heel tap;
Right vine;
Left foot forward, right foot toes tap;
Right foot down, left heel tap;
Left vine;
Right foot forward shuffle, left foot stumps the floor twice;
Left foot point forward, quarter turn;
Left foot forward shuffle;
Half turn, right foot walk, walk, and walk
Left foot sideway shuffle, right foot back rock.
Then start from the beginning all over again.
At first, she went very fast and she realized we were lost. She showed us slowly with a fewer moves; after we got them, then she showed us a few more, then a few more and finally we can put all the moves together. That was a joyful sight for her as well as for the rest of us. We are thankful for the classmate's patience and kindness to teach us. We all had a lot of fun.
Husband did his exercise and some taichi. Then we took a break and had snack because the friend brought some roasted chestnuts for us. We had goodtime chatting. Then we took her home. We cannot sing with her this afternoon because we will have toastmaster meeting this evening. Hopefully we can sing with her tomorrow. We will see.
Not very many people attended this evening toastmaster meeting but lots of good food and good chatting, from general health to car shopping. Joyful meeting!
Comments:
Post a Comment