<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Last night reviewing some Spanish words that I learned throughout last year, I actually learned quite a bit but not many retained for me to use, or to listen and recognize. I have to think of another method to learn and help me to retent what I learn. I may focus on only ten words daily that I use each day and try to repeatedly use them. Hopefully, that way would improve my retention rate.

Tonight, we were meditating on a few versus in Ecclesiastes 7 during our bible study. Why is the day of death better than the day of birth? For death is the destiny of every man, we should take this to heart? The book of Ecclesiastes may seem very pessimistic, because the writer emphasizes everything under the sun is meaningless. I think what it means is if we believe that the life on earth is all it is, and do not know God who has greater purpose for us beyond this earth, everything under the sun is meaningless. I think I need more wisdom to understand this so I should pray for more wisdom .

James 1:5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.

Ecclesiates 7:1 A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth. 2 It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?