Monday, March 02, 2009
25 random things
I was tagged from Facebook for 25 random things. Here they are:
1. I am a very practical person even when I was a kid; I chose soy sauce over gold.
2. I heard the gospel when I was in my fourth grade. I lived on the second floor above the church in HK and had received Christ as my savior since then. The Lord’s Prayer and my favorite song “Jesus loves all children in the world” are amazingly staying in my heart even the time (over thirty some years) I was not visiting the church. God is with me all along. Through my older son, he invited me back to church function and the bible studying group when he returned from
3. I felt best and energized when I was pregnant because I ate better for my fetus than myself. Thank you, Children, for helping me to eat better and healthier.
4. I was impatient, and easy to get upset. Through my children, God is working in me. My children are my teachers of how to be a parent of loving, caring and forgiving because of their forgiveness for me.
5. I love my granddaughter’s visit every Thursday and the weekend gathering and thanks to daughter-in-law’s thoughtfulness and effort so that we may have the opportunity to bond.
6. I love to use scriptures but I don’t always remember the source. My husband often helps me out on that because he loves studying the bible too. Thanks.
7. My favorite part of cleaning up and sorting is finding and reading the clippings of articles and the writings from the children or myself when we were younger. The problem is that I would start reading instead of cleaning.
8. I became a closer friend with a neighbor because of her hip replacement. We spent much time together and she even taught me some Spanish words.
9. I became a closer friend with a sister in Christ because she wanted me to get some sort of fish paste from NY which I never heard before. Since then we become good friends sharing recipes and food because we both love to cook for family and friends.
10. I became a closer friend with a neighbor because of her stroke. Her three times daily walk rain, snow or shine inspires me and gives me courage and motivation to accomplish anything.
11. I still remember the Christmas gatherings at a neighbor’s house. After the couples moved away, we saw each other occasionally. One July 4 we enjoyed watching firework together even in the huge pouring rain. Recently we had dinner and Gong-fu tea together. It was lovely.
12. I met a lot Chinese friends in the
13. I love weddings because it’s wonderful to witness new couples through God’s love finding one another and making a big step committing to each other for everlasting life together. Every time they make their vow as if my husband and I redo ours, as well as give the new couples blessings, and support.
14. I don’t mind to attend funeral because I believe funeral is for the living, sharing the survivors’ sorrow and comforting their mourning. Sometimes, my sorrow was out of control, the family had to comfort me back. I had met many relatives in the funeral for the first time.
15. I love to sing Hymn song to my husband in the early morning before we get up.
16. I call my children not very often because we are people of few words; but I pray to God and trusting God watching over them. I do talk to my aunts and siblings for over an hour on the phone occasionally.
17. I had joined Toastmasters more than four years learning how to speak. As I grow older, I have more to say and share but realize that I don’t know how to say it. Through making speeches, I also gain confident and courage to do and learn other things, like line dance and tai chi.
18. I don’t have problem with child’s labor as long as giving a purpose to live and to learn because I worked in very young age and I was thankful that I had the opportunities to have fun learning many different skills in life like embroidering slippers, handbags, sweaters, evening gown fabric; making model butterflies, sewing doll’s clothing, and making wigs etc…All these help me become a more responsible person. Praise God for continuing to mold me who I am and will be.
19, I don’t believe in abortion myself because I believe children are from God, but I don’t judge people who choose to do so (even though I would not advice it) because that’s their lives and even God gives everyone freedom of choice. Please help me out here; am I a pro-life or pro-choice?
20. I was thankful for my younger son’s scholarship winner during my son’s
21. I was born with my fraternal and maternal grandmothers under the same roof, then after married with my in-laws. I grasp the true meaning of a Chinese proverb: it’s like a treasure when there is an elderly in a home. Praise God that I have many treasures in my life.
22. I am not a very good cook because I eat very simple and plain food, but I get excited when I start cooking especially for friends and family.
23. I don’t answer phone because I don’t like to talk to the tele-marketing people.
24. I am facing different challenge in different roles in life: being daughter, sister, wife, daughter-in-law, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and many more. As a child of God, no matter what role I am, I believe we all are God's servants, so we must accept one another as we have different purposes to serve one another.
25. In my freshmen year of college, my mom had a stroke and was diagnosed seven more years of life. I didn’t want to get married and I wanted to stay with her but she did not allow me to do that. She kept encouraging me to go out, date, get married and have children. Thanks to my mother’s firm encouragement, otherwise I am still an old maid instead I have a loving husband and his caring extensive family; I am a mother of four “perfect” children, and blessed with a kind and thoughtful daughter-in-law and two adorable granddaughters (so far). Praise God for all the provision.